We are delighted to announce that we are now accepting applications for our
2022 Wild Earth Practice Group
April – December, 2022
a 8-month experience of soul-centered human community
in a more-than-human world
Early registration is now open, with a deeply discounted price until March 20.
Scroll down for detailed schedule and registration.
The Wild Earth Practice Group is offered in response to an urgent calling and deep need we sense in the world.
Deeply troubled by increasing climate and ecological disruption, political polarization and conflict, pandemic uncertainty and anxiety, social isolation and alienation from the natural world, we find ourselves at a pivotal moment in Earth’s story.
In the face of such uncertainty and challenge — eyes and hearts wide open, knowing our individual lives are finite, and trusting that how we show up matters — How, then, shall we live?
In our lives and work, we’ve come to recognize a few foundational dimensions of the human experience that seem essential to the evolution and flourishing of what Charles Eisensten calls “the more beautiful world our hearts know is possible”:
- Community: Learning to live well together – as embodied, relational human beings in community with others.
- Nature: Learning to live in deeply meaningful and reciprocal relationship with wild nature – to live as one expression of life in a more-than-human world, and to accept our responsibility as an integral and powerful part of the earth community.
- Soul & Spirit: Inquiring into the deep mystery of who we really are, and why we are here – discovering our deeper calling and more fully embodying a life of meaning and purpose. As Mary Oliver asks, “What will you do with your one wild and precious life?”
The practices and processes we bring to Wild Earth Practice Group aim to support and cultivate these essential dimensions of the human experience – community, nature, soul and spirit.
Gathering monthly as a small and intimate group, as well as connecting individually and in online circles, we practice cultivating supportive and respectful community. In the wild and beautiful land of Tinaja Ridge — a hidden jewel of wildness in the Rocky Mountain foothills near Lyons, CO — we practice engaging in sustained, meaningful and reciprocal relationship with the living, animate world. And through a variety of practices of deep, nature-based and soul-centered inquiry, we continually explore the mystery of who we are, who we are becoming, and how we live our lives in alignment with nature, heart, soul and spirit.
Our 2022 Wild Earth Practice Group includes:
- 8 full-day gatherings: One Saturday each month, May through December, all outdoors on the home ground here at Tinaja Ridge (in the foothills near Lyons). Each of these full day experiences will include opportunities for deepening into community with the support of group sharing and interconnection processes; intentional solo wandering and connecting with wild nature; and engaging in a variety of nature-based mindfulness, ceremony, and embodiment practices.
- 7 virtual council gatherings: Gathering monthly on Zoom, to create more continuity between in-person days
- 3 personal mentoring sessions: Meeting 1:1 with one of the guides, either in person or on Zoom (with the option of additional mentoring if desired)
- Suggested nature-based practices to do on your own each month between groups
- Engaging with a practice partner each month to support deepening into your ongoing nature-based practice
- Opportunities for half- or full-day solo experiences at Tinaja Ridge, supported by Gene and/or Lauren, during the 9 months
Group size is limited to 8 participants.
All activities will be held with current Covid safety-guidelines.
Gene Dilworth, MA: Gene is dedicated to the project of rewilding the human spirit as an essential dimension of being fully alive and fully human in these challenging times. By nurturing meaningful relationship with the more-than-human world and facilitating deep inquiry into the mystery of one’s true nature, he supports individuals to discover, re-member and live from the center of their soul-rooted sense of belonging to the world. With degrees in ecology and ecopsychology, Gene has been teaching and guiding groups and mentoring individuals in transformative nature-based experiences for over 30 years. He currently guides wilderness retreats for Animas Valley Institute and is founder of the Wild Heart Center for Nature & Psyche.
Lauren Golten MS, MA: Lauren is a nature-based therapist and a group facilitator drawing upon her extensive training and experience with the Wild Mind model of Animas Valley Institute, the Work That Reconnects, and Matrix Leadership Institute. She holds masters degrees in Field Biology and Wilderness Therapy. Lauren’s 20-year practice and study of meditation and mindfulness, and her life-long love of the natural world, are core to her work as a therapist and facilitator. She sees clients and leads nature-based programs at her home-place of Wild Tinaja Ridge near Lyons, Colorado.
2022 Schedule and Registration:
Monthly full-day immersions:
- Saturdays, 9:00 am-5:00 pm
- May 14, June 11, July 9, Aug 6, Sept 10, Oct 8, Nov 12, Dec 10
Monthly Zoom Councils:
- Thursday evenings, 6:00-7:30pm (specific dates TBD)
- To ensure this program is accessible to people of all income levels, we offer three payment tiers. If you have the financial means, your generosity will help support others to benefit from this group.
- $1800 ($225/month)
- $2000 ($250/month)
- $2200 ($275/month)
- A non-refundable $250 deposit is required upon registration to hold your spot.
- If you want to join us and the only barrier to your participation is financial, please contact us and we’ll help find creative ways to make it possible!
- Payment can be accepted via:
We hope you’ll consider joining us! We are really looking forward to creating another rich and meaningful experience with a small group of whole-hearted humans in deep relationship with the natural world.
Feel free to contact us if you are interested and have some questions you’d like to discuss.
And if you are feeling the YES!, please fill out this short application form. We will then set up a brief (15-30 min) call to discuss your interest, answer all your questions, and ensure this group is a good fit for you at this time.